Become a Trustee
Because every local Citizens Advice is a registered charity, each has its own board of trustees.
Some trustee roles require specific skills but we welcome people of all ages, backgrounds and experience to our board. And because we tend to meet in the evenings (four times a year and sometimes more often for particular topics or projects) you can fit this role around a full time job or study.
As a trustee you would:
- manage and plan the overall strategic direction
- act as employer for paid staff
- manage the centre's finances
- ensure compliance with the law
- make decisions and recommendations on premises, insurance and equipment.