Citizens Advice St Albans District has announced that face-to-face advice services in the St Albans Civic Centre, as well as outreach services in Harpenden, Redbourn, London Colney and Wheathampstead, will be suspended for the foreseeable future.
People who have already booked appointments should not attend and should expect a telephone call at the time of their appointment.
There are a number of ways people can continue to get advice during this time.
- Visit the Citizens Advice website at https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/ for advice and to chat online to an adviser
- Get help with a new claim for Universal Credit by calling the Universal Credit Help to Claim line on 0800 1448444.
- Call Citizens Advice St Albans on 01727 811118, where advisers will be available locally to provide advice, from 10am to 4pm, Monday to Friday.
- Visit castad.org.uk for local webchat and email advice
- Seek general advice from the Hertfordshire Adviceline service, which people can reach by calling 03444 111 444, or 03000 3300 650 from a mobile.
- Contact the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 0808 223 1133, or chat online to an advisor on our website, for advice on consumer issues (e.g. issues related to products or services you've purchased).
Waiting times for some of these services may be slightly longer than usual as we adapt to our new patterns of working.
June Chapman, Chief Officer of Citizens Advice St Albans District, said:
“Citizens Advice is here to give people the knowledge and confidence they need to find their way forward in these difficult times. You can find frequently updated advice on a range of issues related to the Coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak at citizensadvice.org.uk/coronavirus.
“Unfortunately, following the government’s recent guidelines, we have had to suspend face-to-face services for the foreseeable future, but we will continue to help people in need.
“We will continue to offer advice over the telephone, locally and through our Adviceline service. People looking for advice can also chat to an advisor online at the Citizens Advice website.
“We are determined to ensure that we can help people to get the advice that they need during this period.”
For more information contact: